Candidate registration forms for the 2017 Honorary Mayor of Burney race are now available! The Mayor’s race is an opportunity to have fun and be creative as you support our community.
Candidates run by collecting donations for their favorite charity. Every dollar collected counts as one vote. Fifty percent of the funds raised will go to the candidate’s favorite local charity and fifty percent will go to the Burney Chamber of Commerce.
The winner of the 2017 Honorary Mayor of Burney race will be announced at the Ice Cream Social June 29th, ride in the Burney Basin Days parade, and be honored at the Burney Fireworks program on Saturday July 1st. During the year, the Honorary Mayor will have the opportunity to represent the town of Burney at public events in Burney and other towns.
Here are the rules:
- To be eligible to run, you must be an adult.
- To be eligible to run, you must live or work in the greater Burney area.
- A vote is $1.00
- Voters can vote as often and as much as they wish.
- The candidate who raises the most money will be the year’s Honorary Mayor of Burney
- Money must be turned into the Chamber by 6 pm on Wednesday June 28th.
If you would like to register as a candidate for Honorary Mayor, or if you would like more information, please contact Alex or Linda Colvin 335-4221, or Jen Luck at the Burney Chamber of Commerce, 335-2111.
Candidate registration form are available at the Honorary Mayor of Burney Facebook page